Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Truth

Satan is a jerk. I'd like to shake some people by the shoulders for falling for some of his tricky ways. I just wish it were possible to shake sense into people.

I read this ridiculously stupid article just now. An open marriage leading to deeper trust and communication in marriage? Right. And all candy tastes like broccoli, 2+2=73, and gravity is a figment of the imagination. And whoever coined the phrase "open marriage" was a moron.

Wait.

That last one's true. Seriously. Did he/she not even look up the definition of marriage before that? Actually, that person was probably surprisingly clever and used it in a disgusting way. Sickens me. Not only open marriage in theory and practice, but with the subtle twisting of language that leads to justification of horrible things.

Here are some truthful things to read about marriage.

It's a divine institution.

Marriage is as easy as 1,2,3; not "something's wrong in our marriage...let's bring random people into this cuz that will make it more exciting and all better."

Or how 'bout this? "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife..." Genesis 2:24

I'm so thankful for truth. I'm grateful to have this light to shine on things I see, hear, and read; such a bright light that most of Satan's tricks are glaringly obvious. I hope to continue studying truth and making that light shine brighter for me. Now...how to get others to use this light...?

1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Amen, sister! I hate those kinds of articles...so silly...although I have known my share of people who subscribe to this way of thinking...