Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Once again the day has gotten away from me and I am required to keep it short and simple.

Today I am thankful for the simple mom things I get to do. I was going to say "homeschool mom things," but realized that would be silly because lots of moms do these things without homeschooling.

I recently made some laminated worksheets to help Jonz practice writing numbers. He gets particularly frustrated writing numbers and this makes it fun for him. He likes being able to erase so easily and do it over. It's delightful to see him enjoy something I made to help his education along.

We also colored and cut out turkeys and scarecrows today in honor of the season. I simply printed some stuff out and colored with him. He was so proud of his crayon and scissor ("I did it caaaarrefully.") skills and we have a beautifully decorated and festive closet door now.

And I love the feeling of seeing a completed something slide out of the laminator and seeing the smiles and giddiness from my boys whenever we do something slightly out of the ordinary.

I love these simple little things that result in the biggest perks in my life.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: