Sunday, November 14, 2010

For pity's sake

I've been sick for the better part of a month. Attacked by different colds, or perhaps different forms of the same cold.

Head cold. Sore throat and stuffy nose. Chest cold. Junked up throat and cough. And now today I've moved back to head cold.

The good news is I think I coughed so much last night that whatever was bugging my throat last week is finally gone. Yay.

But it made room for this current ailment.

Thanks to my wonderful husband, though, I got to sleep until 9:30 this morning. So did the Jonzter, who is also sick.

It was awesome!

I would very much like to just spend the whole day in bed. For that matter, I'd like to be healthy and at church right now.

But no go. Moms who get sick don't really get sick days. It's my own darn fault. The only reason I got out of bed this morning was to get dinner in the crock pot. And the only reason I did that was because I announced yesterday what Sunday dinner would be and I didn't want to shoot down that expectation, especially when I'm fully capable of getting out of bed- sick or not. And once I'm out of bed, no sense going back when I can conceivably take care of things.

I suppose this is just a really long way of saying-

I'm thankful that even though I've not been at peak health for a month, I haven't been put out of commission. *knock on wood*

I just have to keep reminding myself of that since a box of kleenex is suddenly my best friend:)

No comments: