Saturday, November 6, 2010

Baptism

I got to see my eight year old third cousins (yes, that does sound distant, but we're still cousins:)) be baptized today.

It was beautiful.

It was spiritual.

It was awesome.

I felt slightly teary pretty much the whole time. They asked me to say the closing prayer. I thought I could do it when I agreed to it a couple days ago. But who was I kidding? You know how I am.

I got four words into it.

Four words..."Oh flip." (Seriously. Had those words pass through my brain while praying) And I cried the rest of the prayer. But I didn't make any ridiculous noises. That's something.

I am thankful for family and specifically today, to know this family. I am thankful for baptism and other ordinances that God has given us to teach us as we make promises with Him.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for cute kids who have no qualms saying "Why are you crying?" to their mom when she's done sobbing through a baptismal benediction. Classic!