Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Here it is again.

I swear...Thursdays are coming by quicker and quicker.

So, here we are again...

...Wanting to write something deep and truth-affirming and...totally at war with my brain, which doesn't want to let me write anything like that.

boo.

And so my simple writing skillz of today are left to say-

I am thankful for friends.

I honestly don't know why, but I give a horrible first impression. My own husband's first impression of me was that I was a stuck up rich girl. Um, no and no way.

I sometimes get a bit discouraged that I can't easily make friends and that my efforts ever-so-rarely yield results.

I'm a nice person, I promise!

I also know that I'm an odd duck, too. But shouldn't that make me all the more endearing?;)

Annnyway, what I really want to say is- Though I do get discouraged, I am regularly reminded that my life is full of fantastic, wonderful people.

I could not have picked a more awesome family to be part of.

My husband and sons are awesome.

The eight amazing women who have been forced into friendships with me because we're in the same co-op (haha, just kidding Jen:)) are priceless.

I have friends near and far who I don't see regularly, but who I think of often and when we do finally get back together we pick right back up, smooth as anything. (four reminders of this in the last week alone!)

And I can't write about friends without raising my figurative glass to the extraordinary Emily, her stellar husband, and awesome children.

I am a lucky girl indeed.

So, I'm not all buddy-buddy with everyone I'd like to be and that makes me wonder..."what's wrong with me?" BUT, I have been blessed that a select few have been willing to look past the unwittingly impenetrable outer-core that is Lindsey and become trusted friends.

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Jar and Steph said...

Ah Lindsey, you are great! My first impression of you was "Aaaah snap, that girl has such good taste in clothes!!" :) and that you were very nice and a fantastic mom. First impression of Bret, on the other hand... :) So grateful to be friends and sisters with you!

Emnacnud said...

I find this post hard to believe, I did not think you where hard to get to know, and I am so glad you guys are our friends:)