Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's been a really really messed up week

I can't seem to decide if I'm old or young, responsible or carefree, organized or chaotic, happy or bummed, faithful or fearful, fun-loving or a jerk, etc. etc. etc.

I seem to be a strange mix of all of the above. 

Any bets on how long I can hold out being at such odds with myself?;)

I went to bed at 9 and 9:30 two nights in a row (yeah, I'm old).  And then between 11 and 12:30 the other two (the teen at heart strikes again).

I woke up between 5:30 and 6:15 four mornings in a row (who's responsible now?! Booyah!) and then stayed in my pajamas until lunchtime two of those mornings (I pretend not to care that someone may come to the door and see me like this).

School is going...fine-ish and we had a great field trip this week (boy, am I on top of things;)).
When was the last time I mopped? Who left this half eaten bowl of cereal in the pantry? I really need to clean the bathrooms today.  Will you please stop shouting at each other?!?!  Well, I have to yell to make sure you hear me!  And quick being smart alek! (will there ever be peace around here...)

I'm happy.  No you're not.  You're right.  No wait, stop it.  I am happy.  You're really not. Failure. Gah!  Quit that.  I'm happy.  Well, you have to admit you're anxious about the future.  So? Who isn't?  Besides it'll all be fine.  Oh yeah?  But think of all those ways things could go terribly wrong.  But maybe they won't.  And besides, it'll all be fine eventually.  Do you really think that?  It'd be a lot easier if you'd shutyertrap!

Let's get McDonald's for dinner!
I swear, the next person who whines is going to bed!  I don't care if it's only 2 pm.

Craaaaaazy week.  And it's not even over yet.

Sometimes this life is way too insane for me.  But I am so thankful for the whole package that I get to experience, the good and the crazy. 

It's a wonderful life:)

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: