Friday, April 20, 2012

Bookish

I read.

A lot.

In spurts.

The last book I finished two weeks ago. 

And wouldn't you know it, for the first time in about four years, I read something in a book that I feel is blog-worthy.  Considering the amount of books I read in four years, this is pretty rare.  But sometimes, you can come across such meaningful things in a work of fiction.

Here's the excerpt:

"Part of faith is not giving up hope for a better world," she said finally.
"But life is such a bitter gift!"
"At the moment, it seems like it.  This is a very dark passage you are in.  But it would be a mistake to see that passage as your whole life.  There is nothing in this world more deceptive than darkness.  You think you live in a void, but actually there are colors and textures and beauty all around you."
....."The price we pay for immortality is to know both this darkness and the light and to choose between them. You are a particularly radiant person.  You must not let the darkness win."
-The Last Waltz by G.G. Vandagriff


I love it.

What do you think?

No comments: