Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thurrrrrrsday

It's been a strange week.

It's dragged.

It's flown by.

It's been difficult.

It's been easy.

It's been sad.

It's been happy.

It's been frustrating.

It's been exhilarating.

I want it to be over.

It's not lasting long enough.

Is it the week?...Or is it me?

I don't know.

But I do know some things. I've been writing this while listening to a JFK speech given in the Mormon Tabernacle in 1963. He mentioned the resilience of the Mormon people to keep going on and in a short 100 years they went from a persecuted people subjected to violence and murder to a people whose voice and works is respected the world over.

The cynic in me said, "Psh. Respected? Sure by some, but they're not as vocal as those who still hate us and wish they could get away with murder."

Then I got a little chiding, "Ah Lindsey. Does that really matter? What do you know is true?"

And the basics of my testimony about my religion went through my mind. I know some people hate me and mine because of our beliefs. But that doesn't change the fact that what I believe is truth. This gospel is true. The work by those who have gone before me and those of us who work now is more than worth it.

Or more aptly put: "The Standard of truth has been erected; No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done."-Joseph Smith, Jr.

I know that the work I am part of is important. I know that I am on the right path.

I am thankful for my testimony today. And for an ever merciful Father who won't give up on me.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: