Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Ah, July. How I love thee.

It's a darn good thing that there's so many awesome things to enjoy in July or else I'd slip into a heat-induced daze and not reemerge until September. I am not a fan of the heat.

Today I am thankful for visiting teachers. (For anyone not familiar with this LDS practice, the women get put into pairs and they visit other women each month, share a spiritual message, help out in anyway they're needed, etc.) It has been years since I've had visiting teachers who I can relate to. How happy I was when I learned that my VTs in this new ward were young moms, both who have boys right around my boys' ages. It has also been years since I've had diligent VTs who keep tabs on me and visit regularly. Who don't just come read something to me for five minutes, but who discuss the message with me and chat about life with me. I forgot how much I look forward to visits when I know that they won't be awkward.

Having gone from wonderful visiting teachers to not-so-wonderful, I don't know how long this may last, but I'm enjoying it while it does. I am very grateful for my VTs.

Now...if I could just walk the walk and be a good visiting teacher myself all would be right in the world. That's one of my goals for the second half of 2010. Wish me luck because I need it! (Or, more specifically, my visiting teachees need me to have it;))

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: