Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Last night I knelt down next to my bed, beside my husband, and listened while he offered a prayer. As I bowed my head (or more aptly put, laid my head on the bed out of tiredness...) and before he started praying, I was suddenly struck by how special it was and how good it felt. And then I thought, "I LOVE being married to Bret." I know I often talk about Bret in my Thankful Thursday posts. Sorry. But not really:)

I am so thankful that I married a man who would pray with me. Virtually every night and most mornings that we've been married we've prayed together, just the two of us. I know that it's made the struggles of life more bearable and the joys sweeter.

Often we can't remember whose turn it is to pray. Morning prayers on weekends rarely happen. Sometimes we just want to go to bed and not pause for a prayer. Sickness, different schedules, and heavily loaded plates of responsibility all make it seem inconvenient at times. But it is always worth it. Whenever we've won over the temptation to not pray we've never looked back and said, "Man, I sure wish we hadn't wasted that time praying!"

Prayer is awesome. I'm grateful of the knowledge I have that my prayers are heard. I'm grateful that I can pray by myself, with my family, and with my husband. I'm grateful we made the goal to pray as a couple when we were first married. It's really paid off:)

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: