Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Ah, Thursday. Only obligation could get me to sit in front of the computer right now. Obligation and hope that focusing intently on some gratitude might improve things.

But my entire brain feels engulfed by a headache. Very strange sensation; very unwelcome too. Really, it feels like my brain is surrounded and fogged up by a headache. Ugh.

The rest of my body feels like a war-zone (the metaphorical kind). I feel simultaneously empty and full; nothing to do with hunger, it's an overall feeling. Exhausted, but wanting to jump into spring cleaning. Devoid of emotion. Sore all over. Spent.

I think I'm sick. Weirdest sickness I've had in a while. Goose is sick, too, but he's exhibiting common cold symptoms. Weird.

I hope this doesn't come off as a downer post (I mean, c'mon! It's Thankful Thursday:)). I don't feel down. I just feel so weird! And my head hurts. While I'm used to the kind of headaches that have plagued me for as long as I can remember and even the occasional migraine, this one is wacky. Just don't know what to make of this strange, ugh, blah, weird day.

I do know what I'm thankful for though! Among countless other things I am looking forward to a long shower and my soft bed tonight. And boneless buffalo wings. Except my mouth wants to eat and my stomach tightens up at the thought of food. War-zone!

I am so thankful to live in a situation that affords me a big soft bed and an ample supply of hot water piped right to my shower head. Sometimes the little things aren't really so little.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: