Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Oh, Thursday. Why do you come so quickly sometimes and so slowly at others? I can't keep up with such erratic behavior.

Today I am grateful for family and all the joys mine brings to me. I have a husband who stands with me through thick and thin, makes me stronger, and brings smiles to my face without even being with me. My sons are some of the sweetest human beings on the planet and I hope I can nurture that quality so it hangs around long after they become aware of the not so sweet things this world has to offer. I have a wonderful extended family that continues to grow and I find incredible joy with each of them.

I am reminded of this passage from The Family: A Proclamation to the World:

"The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities."

The joy I have in my family, the joy I see in other families, and seeing how founding family life on the teachings of Jesus Christ brings immense joy in families are all testimonies to me that there is a God.

I am thankful for the family institution and all the blessings God gives us through it.

What are you thankful for today?

P.S. I'm also thankful for antibiotics today:)

No comments: