Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for our waste removal service. Thursday is "trash day" in our new neighborhood. Only one out of the three Thursdays we've been here have I remembered to get the trash to the curb before I hear the trucks rumbling down the street early in the morning. For three+ years, trash day was Friday for me and I'm having a bit of trouble getting the new schedule ingrained in my internal calendar.

I am so glad that I only have to remember what day of the week it is and pull the cans to the street. That along with a monthly fee is all it takes for our garbage, recycling, and yard clippings to be taken away from our house. Oh how glad I am that I don't have to pack trash into my van with my kids and haul it to the dump. Or worse- I'm so glad that don't all have to have personal dumps in our backyards (though some people decide to do that anyway).

What a great service! Thank you, City!!

No comments: