Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for a simple life. My life is relatively free of complications, drama, unwanted and/or unexpected happenings, and hardship. And yet, I struggle sometimes...lots of times;)

But I am so grateful that through my hard times, I usually haven't had to worry about anything huge.

Writing this made me think of that Shaker song, "Tis the Gift to be Simple." While I've recently learned that it's a dance song and the word is "the gift" and not "a gift" I want to post the lyrics anyway because it's beautiful tune and the words are great, too.

'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come round right.
-Joseph Brackett

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: