Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'll tell you what I'm not thankful for. I'm not thankful for the wind. I should be; it's probably very necessary for weather cycles or something like that, but I still don't like it. I love a nice breeze, especially on a hot day like today. But the wind always manages to get hair in my mouth, dirt in my eyes, and the neighbor's trash in my yard. Don't like it.

I am thankful for most everything else though. Today I am thankful that my husband and I forgot about some paperwork that needed to be signed and sent off today (we're moving!). Forgetfulness is usually not something to be thankful for. But today it was! It gave me an excuse to drive up to his work and have lunch as a family. He works 40ish minutes away, so lunchtime get-togethers are rare. We ate lunch outside and played on the grass. Jonzy and I had rolling down the hill races. All three boys laughed their heads off when Bret started using a squirt gun on them. The sun was shining, the grass was green, a breeze (bordering on wind, but not quite) kept it from being too hot, and it was a lovely afternoon. Hooray for forgetfulness:)

What are you thankful for this Thursday?

No comments: