Monday, October 15, 2012

Days late, dollars short

Last week was hard.  It served as another reminder and somewhat of a warning. 

I was reminded that there is another stage after fake-out.

Meltdown.

Last week I really didn't sleep.  I seem to have been low on whatever hormone helps with sleep.  Nights were spent sleeping in 20-30 minute chunks and flopping endlessly between my two available sleeping positions.

Tuesday the fake-out started to give out and by Wednesday I felt a full on meltdown coming on.  That's when I remembered that my biggest meltdowns post-babies came after a few days of extremely little sleep+body exhausted trying to heal from surgery, childbirth, and the new task of producing food for a baby.

As far as meltdowns go, Wednesday wasn't that bad.  But by three in the afternoon, when I was thisclose to crying merely because my legs were so uncomfortable...and then because I felt like a two year old, the reminder hit home.

I need to be better this time about accepting help after the baby comes.  And when I accept that help, it's not time to get something else done- it's time to sleep.

I'm loving all these reminders.  I feel much better prepared for this baby...but I'm still worried I'll forget everything in the fog of exhaustion and pain.  So, dear friends and family- PLEASE help me remember:)

I'm so thankful for my amazing family and friends.  And I'm thankful that Heavenly Father continues to help me prepare for this next big life change.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: