Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday

Looking back over the years, I can tell that my attitude has changed for the better.

Conciously working on gratitude has brought back and even improved the Pollyanna in me.

I like being Pollyanna.

But most people find Pollyanna annoying and immediately start rolling their eyes at the glad game.

Why?

What's so annoying about finding something to be glad about amidst the junk life throws at you?

I don't get it.

I often don't want to play the game myself, but I have never found it annoying when someone else does at those times. 

And I find myself there in the past couple days.  I would love to just let out a looooong rant and complain my little heart out.

The diatribe has been jumping on the back of my tongue, begging to come out.

But.  It would serve no edifying purpose.  At all. 

And who would listen anyway?

I think I may write it out, though.  Get the poison out and then have something physical to burn and enjoy a little destruction...Yep, there are some maniacal tendencies in me;)

For now, here's a little Pollyanna for me and you.

I'm glad it's September.

I'm glad ice cream exists.

I'm glad the sun is shining.

I'm glad my children get more self-sufficient every day (though it makes me juuuuuust a bit sad).

I'm glad my husband is handsome. 

I'm glad Jesus heals as well as saves.

There we go:)

"Don't let's be gloomy."  What are you thankful for today?

If you don't know who Pollyanna is, what the glad game is, or where the quote
comes from...I hang my head in sorrow for your loss.  You need to see this.
Skip to 7:29 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

No comments: