Thursday, September 27, 2012

Look out- there goes that crazy mormon lady...

Every once in a while, I get a glimpse into the anti-Mormon world. 

Gotta say- creeps.me.out.

Most of these glimpses come through the internet. 

There is a distinct feeling that comes with these glimpses.

It's dark.  Really, really dark.

My insides instantly feel very heavy. 

My heart pounds a bit harder and faster.  Not much, but enough to notice a difference.

My feet even feel...strange and tingle uncomfortably.

I don't like it.

Thankfully, this doesn't happen very often. 

I've learned to leave youtube well enough alone for all things religious.  I've learned what sites are good to visit and a few which aren't.  Comments sections are ALWAYS a risk.

But sometimes...the adversary is successful in blasting me with something.  This has happened less and less over the years as I've come to recognize the distinct feeling and the "Don't, Lindsey.  Don't click on that." feeling.  Even things that seem completely innocent have been purposely misleading.  But mostly where they get me is in those blasted comments sections. 

I can't for the life of me understand why there are people out there that see me and my family as a danger to society.

I can't for the life of me understand why they feel driven to be so hateful and dark and cruel in their attacks veiled as attempts to "educate the public and the brainwashed Mormons" about the "truth."

I suppose that's not entirely true.  I understand that Satan is behind it all and he has a purpose.  But I can't understand why so many people are convinced by such hatred.  Perhaps they don't recognize the difference feelings had between reading something uplifting and reading something evil.

After my latest incident this afternoon- I stared at the screen, very disappointed with the people who put such filth out there and desecrate sacred things, but reminded of things I am grateful for.

I'm thankful to know the truth.  The real truth.

I'm thankful for the protection and guidance of the Holy Ghost.  Where would I be without those warnings of danger or those teaching moments?

I'm thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'm thankful to live in a time when the most "persecution" I endure for being a member of the LDS church are glares or snide remarks and that I've never had to worry about my safety or my family's.  And that I can control most of what comes into my home and keep it uplifting.

I'm thankful that my sweet and innocent boys still have no idea what kind of evil lurks out there in the world (and I plan to keep it that way for as long as I can!).

I'm thankful for the knowledge that even though it's disheartening to see the world as it is and know it will get even worse, it won't always be this way.  There is an end.

And in a completely unrelated note: I am thankful for danishes.  Yummy:)

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: