Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gratitude

Few things give me a big ol' surge of gratitude like seeing a bunch of blankety-blank in the world.

Speeding, weaving driver coming all too close to hitting my car?  Boy am I thankful I've never been slammed into; especially with my kids in he car.

Blazingly hot summer day?  Ahhhhhhhh, air conditioning.

Someone is setting off fireworks loud enough and strong enough to shake my windows at 11 pm?  I am so lucky I don't live in a war zone.
Hearing/reading a story of husbands and wives in the range from not helping each other at all to abuse?  I loooooooooooooooooooove my husband!!!!!

My neighborhood smells like marijuana?  I'm so glad I've never lived with any drug addicts or alcoholics.

Stupidity that makes me want to hit my head against a wall?  I am beyond thankful that I don't have to deal with stupidity on a regular basis.

I live such an idyllic life and I am thankful for it.

AND!  I got to meet my four-almost-five month old niece on Monday.  Sweet as can be! 

There was a moment involved in that night, too.  The boys and I were the last ones to arrive and met Bret there from work.  I walked in and he was holding her and chatting with my brother.  The sweetness and the hotness of such a sight 'bout did me in:)  I am very excited to be carrying our baby and very much looking forward to seeing my amazing husband holding our own little one again.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: