Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's been a strange week.

On Monday, I kept thinking it was Saturday.

Tuesday I thought it was Wednesday. Wednesday felt like Friday. And I kept thinking today was Tuesday.

Not so! Time to sneak in a Thankful Thursday post!

Tonight I am thankful for music and for Relief Society.

We had a Stake RS dinner/program tonight. It was so wonderful. The dinner was fun. The speakers at the program were amazing. And the music was superb.

I love singing with groups. I love listening to groups sing. My favorites are singing with the RS and/or Young Women and listening to the men and Young Men sing together. And the Primary kids; my oh my, those sweet Primary kids.

Tonight I sang with my fellow sisters in the RS. That always presses on tender heartstrings.

There was a special musical number offered by one sister that was phenomenal. The kind of singing that you just close your eyes and let it wash all over you. It was like paying to hear a professional it was so beautiful!

One speaker's topic also reminded me of something I had learned through a Primary song, which I would like to share one of these days.

Music is a blessing. Relief Society is a blessing.

Life is a blessing.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Easter season! What are you thankful for today?

No comments: