Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's been a day.

The kind of day when I don't want anyone touching me, talking to me, whining at me (do I ever want that?), asking me questions, or being in the same room as me.

With three small children- I got just that.

So- it's been a challenging day. My kids must think I'm a nutcase today since every time any of them approached me I had to close my eyes and lecture myself before responding/reacting so I wouldn't be a jerk. I wish I could say it worked perfectly in making me a nice mom today.

My kids are so patient. Boy do I love them for still loving me even when I'm not a nice mom. I may do incalculably awesome things for them as their mother, but I am in debt up to my eyeballs to them for all the leeway they give me.

Along with ever-forgiving children, I'm thankful for luxury soft blankets, ice cream, movies, and a husband who will enjoy them with me.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: