Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I love Relief Society.

I don't usually get to experience RS being that my calling most often keeps me with the little tykes during church hours.

Tonight I went to a stake RS dinner. It was delightful. There was a terrific turn out. So much so that we ran into a funny food situation. Each place had been set with a plate of food before the meeting. So many people turned up that those of us who were there a bit earlier were asked to take our food back to the kitchen so it could be redistributed in smaller portions so there would be enough for everyone. It was fun to share:)

We then had three incredible women speak inspirational and encouraging messages. There was a tear inducing musical number. A wonderful conclusion by the Stake President. It was a fantastic evening. And I almost missed it.

As late as Tuesday, I remembered that I had a RS dinner tonight. But I completely spaced it since then. A spectacular woman who works with me in the Nursery called early this evening and asked if I wanted to go with her to the dinner. Thank heaven for Sheri! Were it not for her I would have missed out on such an inspirational evening.

I am so thankful to be part of such an incredible, worldwide group of women. I am thankful that we meet often in smaller groups of wards and stakes and I can get to know the amazing women around me. I am so grateful to be a part of Relief Society!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: