Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Ah, Thursday. Welcome, welcome. What a gorgeous day it is outside.

Today, I am thankful for a "moral compass." More specifically, I'm thankful that my moral compass isn't broken and hasn't been confused by the magnetic pulls of the world. I think without my trusty compass I would be so utterly confused. I wouldn't know where to stand on so many issues.

As I look at arguments for and against different issues with an objective mind (don't laugh or think I'm lying. I really can be objective!), I honestly can see valid points on either side. Without my moral compass, I think I would be such a fence sitter.

But I DO have a working moral compass! It shows me the way to go. It makes the right path more clear and certain. I am so thankful to have direction.

In parting, here's something to think about:

"For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he know good from evil..."
-Moroni 7:16

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Jordan (MamaBlogga) said...

Have you ever done the Color Code? Seeing both sides is a trait of a White personality (as opposed to Red, Yellow or Blue, not Black ;) ).

Ryan and I are both White personalities. So we (despite the fact that our motivating goal is peace) often have actual arguments from points of view we don't actually espouse.

Lindsey the Muse-r said...

I've heard of the color code a couple times. You motivated me to take the test. I'm 48.81% White (with "significant proportions of other colors in [my] overall makeup that help shape [my] unique personality style.").

Interesting. And fairly accurate:)