Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Well what do you know, it's Thursday already!

What am I thankful for today? Sleeeeeeeeep!

All three boys have been sleeping very well lately (knock on wood) and letting me sleep as well until 8 in the morning. And on the weekends, we can sometimes get away with 9 or 9:30! Oh, it's a beautiful thing.

That and naps. God, in His infinite wisdom, gave infants and small children the need to sleep one or more times during the day. This wondrous blessing serves not only to help children's fast growing bodies get needed rest and energy, but preserves the sanity of Mom and prolongs the lives of the children. My own children have been saved from their at-wits-end mother many a time because they condescended to nap.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 comment:

Trieste said...

Oh, how I wish my kids would do this more often. They've both pretty much given up on naps and they like to get up at 6:30 when I get up for work. Rylie will sometimes sleep until 7:30, but it's rare. Anyway, naps are great while they last, I'm afraid my days with breaks are over! Appreciate it while you can!