Saturday, January 24, 2009

Scammers

I've been posting my wedding dress for sale on an online classifieds site for a year or so. Every couple months I renew the ad. Every time, without fail, the following day I get a message saying something along the lines of:

"Do you still have the item for sale? Kindly get back to me."
or
"I'm interested in your {wedding dress, $$$}. Is it in good condition? What price are you selling for?"
or
"I would like to buy your item for sale. I await patiently your reply."

Puh-leez.

I know the stated protocol in these situations is to just delete the message. But every single time I have to fight the urge to reply and lecture them on honesty, rail on them for basically calling me stupid, or just a simple "buzz off jerk." Why must dishonest people weasel their way into every single facet of life?!

No comments: