Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Gots lots of writing fodder in my brain.  But I'm going simple.

Today I am thankful for sleep.

Baby went to sleep at 9:30 pm.  I went to sleep at 11:30 pm (I know.  I must be a masochist).

He woke up at- wait for it- 4 am.  Four in the morning!  That's almost SEVEN hours of sleep.

It's a miracle!!

And it gets even better.

He ate and went right back to sleep.  No fuss.  No crying.  Beautiful.

I went back in to my room and found that it was only 4:15.

Fifteen minutes out of bed.  That's it.

He slept again until I woke him up to feed him before taking Jonz to school.  (Can I just say how uncool and counter intuitive it is to wake up a baby in the early hours of the morning?)

After a couple rough nights with the little guy, it was so so so soooo wonderful to have the best night we've had with him. 

Sleep makes all the difference in the world.  And I am so thankful that I can get some good sleep these days.  It's not every night, but there's hope for the future.

Hooray for hope:)

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: