Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thankful Thursday, Slacker week

The week between Christmas and New Years Day is one of my favorites of the year.

There's minor difficulty associated with this week. The abrupt death of Christmas magic that is suddenly lacking when listening to the music of the season or watching Christmas movies always astounds me. And then there's the struggle to think of all I have accomplished this year and being excited for the new year versus the pull to feel like a continual failure and fear the new year.

But aside from that, this week is great!

Bret calls it National Slacker week. I think that's a brilliant name for it.

There's a leisurely vibe hanging in the air.

No school.

Sleeping in.

The boys are engrossed with new toys and games. And with new toys and games come expanded imaginations and new pretend scenarios. (I could watch these guys pretend and play for hours.)

I barely cook because there's so many leftovers from Christmas that need to be eaten and enjoyed.

I stay up late with my husband eating goodies and watching any Christmas movies we haven't had a chance to watch or taking in a new video one of us received as a gift. (Though I do have to battle some guilt at keeping him up so late when he has to keep a normal work schedule...)

And though the major holiday has passed, there's still the exciting anticipation and preparation for New Years Eve and fun with friends. I'm so excited!!

I LOVE this relaxed week and one last hooplah before getting back to the daily grind.

I'm so thankful to live a life that can include National Slacker Week.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: