Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hallelujah!

I would be remiss, after weeks of "woe me" posts, to not blog about the change in the past few days.

We are getting better. Hallelujah, we are getting better.

There are still lingering coughs and runny noses, and if the boys run around at all they'll cough to the point of throwing up...

But-

Last night I was not awoken by coughing or crying.

I think I've used less than ten kleenex in the last three days.

I haven't turned on the humidifier in two nights (which is good because it was starting to make a funny gurgling sound...).

AND- We have started doing Christmas things with other people!

Sunday night, my in laws came up for dinner and we all went to a beautiful lights display. After we came home and got the boys in bed we drank hot chocolate and chatted around the Christmas tree. It was a lovely evening.

Yesterday I got my hair cut and my boys look clean cut again. My 11 year old nephew spent the day with us. He played with the boys and I got all sorts of things done, though convincing Jonz to do school was not easy and ended in bribing. We went to a live nativity in the evening as a family. The boys were enthralled and it was just cold enough to feel extra Christmas-y without being uncomfortably frigid; not to mention the wonderful way to spend an evening hearing about Jesus. I did some Christmas shopping and watched a movie with my husband. Totally awesome day.

This morning was nothing short of spectacular. The boys woke up quietly and refrained from fighting until I was fully awake. They also breakfasted quietly, allowing me to read my scriptures in peace where I was particularly struck by this verse: "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" Alma 5:26. Bam! The boys were still being good and I had time to pray uninterrupted. We had a nice morning together before heading off to Jonzy's computer class.

The day has certainly not been without stress, but it's beyond refreshing to have multiple pleasant days in a row. I feel more sympathetic, too, after stretches of more difficult days. I feel less likely to judge people harshly as they're probably just having an off day.

I'm going to ride this high for as long as it lasts (and pray it lasts through Christmas;))!

No comments: