Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thankful Thursday

It appears that, no, life will never slow down as I asked in my last post. Case in point, it's already Thursday again!

Today I am drained. The last few weeks have been...busier.

Today I am thankful for open windows, light breezes, hammocks, good books, and above all: antibiotics!

Seems we've contracted strep throat here. Last week I felt crummy and had a recurring sore throat. Now all the males in my family have been diagnosed with strep and are on antibiotics. I have no idea how my body beat strep all by itself, especially since I don't have the strongest immune system. Then again, maybe taking care of constantly sick kids for the last four years has given me an immune system of steel...that's a fun thought.

Needless to say, with 4 out of 5 of us sick sick sick it's been crazy around here. But the antibiotics are taking effect today and I'm enjoying moving slower and feeling the end-of-spring weather, despite the extreme desire to just sleep until Saturday;)

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: