Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thankful Thursday with extra ponderings

I wrote this out yesterday and accidentally posted it early. Sorry to those of you who found it yesterday:) Here's the post:

Every time I become aware of some deception in the world, my trust in people in general goes down another notch. Why all the lies? I am grateful, though, that at least in my circle there are extremely few people that I can trust not to tell the truth.

Hmmmmm...

Anyway.

Mold.

Oh how grateful I am that Fleming took interest in mold.

Without mold and Fleming, we would not have penicillin.

Without penicillin we would not have a wide range of antibiotics.

Without antibiotics I would have spent the last week with zero sleep while I rotated cradling sick, feverish, pain-ridden children and nursing a sick husband wondering if they were going to die from this strep infection.

Really, without antibiotics, I probably wouldn't have lived past the age of two.

I know I said last week that I was thankful for antibiotics. But as my children and Bret have gotten better, I started think more on how things could have gone. It wasn't a fun train of thought. Antibiotics have healed us time and time again. Oh, how glad I am to live in this day and age.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: