Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bus-i-ness! Mankind was my business!

I despise doing business with big companies.

The kind where you have to call in to customer service, listen carefully to the menu of choices, discover they have no option for your dilemma, wait an interminable amount of time and jump through all the trick hoops to finally talk to a representative, remember that you rarely have the good luck to talk with someone who seems to care at all, and end up frustrated and wanting to kick something.

Yes, it provides oodles upon oodles of enjoyment.

Most of the time, when I've been jilted by a big company all I can do is point out that they've chosen a small amount of money from me now instead of correcting the issue and getting more money from me in the future. Then I have to try to not be upset about the fact that, for all intents and purposes, I've been robbed.

However, every once in a while the squeaky wheel bit works for me. Like this week! I discovered a discrepancy in my account with a certain business. I called them on it and they said, "Too bad." I canceled my membership and they said, "Have a nice day." For the next three days I sent many an email, to a few different addresses to cover my bases. I was sent many a reply that looked like copy and paste from FAQ. I kept up my squeakiness, politely:), and refused to be put off (except I was about ready to give up and befoul their name to the world).

This morning, what should arrive in my inbox but the notice that what I wanted is in the mail and on it's way to me. HA! Take that!

Hooray for capitalism and squeaky wheels.

No comments: