Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for fake flowers.

I love winter. And usually I love winter all the way through March. But for the past few years my love of winter has been ending earlier and earlier each time this season comes around. Mostly because I'm tired of sick kids. But we've been much healthier this winter than in years past.

Perhaps the love is over early this season because it's been an unusually warm winter. We've even had quite springy days this past month. I am reminded of how wonderful spring is each time we're given a warm sunny day and then the cold comes back.

Despite my readiness for this winter to be done and over with, I am loving that I can have flowers in the house. Really brightens the place up without having to worry about whether I can keep them alive in this weather, even inside.

I love going to Michael's and looking at all the different fake flowers they have there. So pretty.

And I love that since I was married in the dead of winter (technically it was still fall, but tell that to the snowstorm), I had fake flowers at my wedding. Why do I love this? Because I still have them! I get to keep my wedding flowers in my living room and have a constant reminder of that lovely day.

Fake flowers are awesome and I'm so glad that I get to have some in my home.

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Melanee said...

I really love fresh flowers, but we got married in May and I still had fake ones, mostly because I couldn't stand the thought of spending so much money to later have something shriveled and dead to remind me of a very special day. I think the word "fake" has too many negative connotations, though. We should start calling them "forever flowers" or something. :)

Lindsey said...

I love that! Forever flowers it is:)