Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's that time again!

Welcome to this week's installment of Thankful Thursday. A day to remember all the wonderful things we have to be grateful for. Yippee!

Today I am grateful for a prolonged spring. Normally at this time of year we're already suffering through very high temperatures. Spring seems to last for about a week most years. This year I've been able to keep my windows open for almost the entire month of May and, so far, half of June. It's wonderful! These weeks of cool temps and rain have kept us nice and cool, and brought lovely breezes and smells through our open windows. My one twinge of ungratefulness comes from my poor partially shade plants in the backyard. This rain and lack of sun is killing off my pretty flowers! *Sniff* I fear we may soon have a funeral for my hydrangeas who have been preceded in death by my cosmos.

But at least my petunias are flourishing in the window boxes! And, sad though it may be, I'll sacrifice a few flowers for such wonderfully comfortable weather which not only feels fantastic, but saves us a pretty penny in the air conditioning department.

Hop aboard the Thankful Thursday train and share with me what you're grateful for today. It's quite the ride:)

No comments: