Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thaaaankful Thursday, the San Francisco treat!

What in the world?! It's Thursday and I'm actually posting for Thankful Thursday! Yippee-skippy.

This fateful Thursday I am thankful for the stage of life that I am in. It's often difficult to not think, "I can't wait until the boys are old enough to----" or "I wish ----- was over." For a couple of days I haven't thought any of that and it's been very liberating. Bret and I are not in school. I get to be home with our boys. And those boys: so much fun! So. Much. Work. But they are so sweet, so cute, and so able to give me joy! I love their smiles, giggles, gibberish from the little guys and nonsense sentences from J, their expressive faces, kisses and hugs, their ability to forgive so easily and love so much, their soft cheeks, their heads on my shoulder, and the way they bring novelty and discovery into our home every single day.

This is quite the time of life! I hope I can enjoy every minute possible because I know I'll miss this stage when it's over.

Feel free to hop on the Thankful Thursday train; it's an enjoyable ride:)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I whole heartily agree. I love this stage. I find it interesting that with my first I was and still am anxious for him to reach the next stage or do the next thing, but the the twins, I just want them to stay small and sweet. I love being able to stay home with my boys and watch them grow and see their smiles when I walk in the room. I wouldn't trade that for anything, even on the days when I am at my breaking point.