Friday, August 23, 2013

Well whaddayaknow? Yesterday was Thursday

Absolutely every single day I think, "What have I gotten myself into?...Four kids!?...Why did I think I could take care of FOUR human beings?  I can't do this.  I shouldn't be doing this!"

Absolutely every single day I think, "This is the awesomest thing in the world.  I want four more."

Contradiction seems to be motherhood in a nutshell.  At least in my corner of the world.

It's the most unnatural-natural thing I've ever done.

It's the most joyful-depressing thing I've ever experienced.

I was never so at peace and apoplectic.

Yessir, one big contradiction:)

I may be at my wit's end more often than I would wish, but I wouldn't trade the wonder it is to intimately experience the spiritual, intellectual, and physical growth of four amazing souls for anything.  Not for anything at all.

It's a privilege, an honor, and a joy to be Mommy to each of these four boys.

No comments: