Thursday, August 8, 2013

We meet again

It's Thursday.

And I just don't have it in me to blog today.

I figure I should say something, though, since I didn't blog last Thursday.

Soooo, here I am to give it a shot.

Today has been another ordinary day, made different by a visit from my brother and his family.  That was lovely!

My life has been full of lots of ordinary days lately.  Or, as ordinary as they get these days when everything is simultaneously in upheaval and limbo.

We're back at school.  Now with three boys instead of one.

It's a busy schedule and I'm feeling like I've achieved a new level of "legit" in motherhood.

I spent lots of time yesterday reveling in the little voices (that's little. But don't let it fool you; they're very loud little voices:)) narrating quite the imaginative scenes and sweet faces with round cheeks quietly intent on superhero books.  These things won't last long and I will miss them.

I will welcome and love each stage, to be sure.  But that doesn't mean I won't miss the little voices, the daily imagined adventures, the giggles, the constant light in their eyes put there by the constant wonder they are experiencing, the spontaneous singing without inhibition, the hugs, the kisses, and being their favorite person in the world.

Just last week I hugged Jonz after school and he pushed away and said, "Awww, Moooom."

All I could think was, "*sigh* It begins."

Then I grabbed his face and planted a big kiss on his cheek.  I can only get away with tricks like that for so long, you know.

I am thankful for this time of life.  It sure is fun.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I haven't been in much of a blogging mood, either. I think it's that end-of-summer-but-not-quite-fall lull.

PS: I think you should continue to grab your kiddo's face and plant big kisses at least through middle school...you know, just to get him through those awkward days. ;) (j/k)