Friday, March 23, 2012

And then it was Friday

Yesterday was monumental.

Well...in word.

In every other way it was a normal day.

'round these here parts, we like to celebrate monthiversaries.

Usually they roll past with one of us thinking, "oh hey, happy monthiversary!"

Sometimes we'll actually remember to say it to each other:)

But this month?

This month we have been married for 100 months.

That's right- our one hundredth monthiversary!

Seeing as we'll never live to our 100th anniversary, I thought the day should be marked.

So, I hung up some spring-colored streamers and a flag banner.

Though we were unable to celebrate beyond that, it added a celebratory feel to an otherwise normal day.

And it was fun to see the look on Bret's surprised and happy face when he walked in the door:)

I am thankful for my husband and for the 100 months we have been husband and wife.

I am looking forward to the next hundred, and eternity after that!

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Jar and Steph said...

8 years, woo!! I love this! You are adorable and have such thoughtful ideas, Lindsey. It must be heavenly for your husband to come home to you after hard days at work. :)

Lindsey said...

I love you, Steph:)