Monday, August 15, 2011

A new project

I'm sure you've missed me...;)

I've been busy, busy, busy! (I know, I know; aren't we all?) I was busy with life, family, and getting ready for an out of state trip last week. Things I've wanted to blog about, and Thankful Thursday, got pushed to the bottom of the priority list.

There's two things I really want to blog about. But starting school this week and the craziness of life weighing me down, I'm reduced to mentioning them.

Last week my parents, my brothers, my sisters in law, Bret, and me were all in the temple together. My whole nuclear family. In the temple. Together. For the first time ever. But definitely not the last:) It was so amazing.

Best. Night. Ever.

The following Sunday, we all went to my parents' ward for church. As I sat in Relief Society (a rare occasion for a Nursery worker) with my mother and sisters in law, I was made aware of a spectacular article written by Ezra Taft Benson, a former prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

It was quite the timely reminder for me as I'd "fallen off the wagon" and was finding it hard to scramble back on. Boy am I glad the God hasn't given up on me, even when I want to give up myself.

The article concisely summarizes what I've learned in the battle against depression over the last handful of years.

It gives twelve ways to "lift our spirits and send us on our way rejoicing."

I want to make it a focus on this blog for the next while. I plan on breaking it up and sharing my experiences with each way of lifting spirits and hope some of you might get in on the discussion and share your experiences with me.

Here's the original article I'll be focusing on if you want to read it ahead of time:

Do Not Despair by President Ezra T. Benson

I'm excited for this:)

No comments: