Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This time last year I was in one of my favorite states, colorful Colorado, cruising down a river in a duckie (think inflatable canoe) with my wonderful Molly.

What a beautiful day it was!

It was absolutely freezing in the shade (more so once we got wet). And since we were in a canyon, we were in the shade a LOT. But there were those times when the sun could break over the canyon walls and shine, shine, shine.

There was a moment...I remember looking up during a quiet stretch of the river and loving the way the rocks and plants looked in the sunshine, the sounds of the river, and what a beautiful world I am blessed to live in. It was so amazing and happy that I had to shout out, "Look how spectacular this is!!" for no one but Molly to hear.

Ahhhh, the great outdoors:)

This year, the weather is just as gorgeous here. The sun is shining. It's not getting too hot yet. The windows are open and there is usually a breeze coming through them. My garden is green and actually thriving this year! As-fresh-as-it-gets salad coming tonight:)

I'm so thankful for the natural beauties and bounties we are blessed with here.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: