Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thankful Thursday

There's so much to be thankful for.

I'm sorry I missed last week. I thought it would throw you all off your grooves, but look at you! You got right over missing my musings. How strong you are:)

There are many reasons I forgot, some of them happen to be things I'm thankful for, too! Last Thursday was a busy day. So much so that I didn't realize it was Thursday and I was supposed to pause to post until 11:19 pm. And at 11:19 pm, blogging was not on my to do list. I thought I'd get around to it that weekend, but who was I kidding? Last weekend was incredible. It was a record weekend and we jumped from family togetherness to family togetherness and back again. See, Bret's parents and every single one of his siblings were within visiting distance. And...so were mine!! Both of our families, all in the same place, on the same weekend. How coincidental does life get? It was awesome.

And then? We started school on Monday!

Life has been too busy to sit down and blog lately. But that hasn't stopped me from being thankful. On the contrary, I've been thankful for a great many things recently. For instance:

A fun birthday party with my in-laws.
Listening to my brother and his wife sing a lovely song together while she played the piano.
Bret, for the great work he does and the fantastic impressions he makes. It makes me happy when other people recognize his talents.
Priesthood blessings that give me confidence to step into the unknown.
My sweet baby nephew's cheeks and baby giggle.
Sisters.
Blue skies over a green mountain valley, complete with view of the still waters of a lake.
Having my whole family in the same room together.
Homeschool and it's flexibility to say, "not today," when everyone is grumpy and instead read "The Little Red Hen" and bake bread with my boys.
Truth.
Awesome friends who'll stay up chatting with us until 2 am.
Living in the day and age of antibiotics because I think I would have died from UTIs in ye olden days. Who am I kidding? I wouldn't have lasted past infancy and wouldn't have had the chance be struck with such an annoying illness. But still, I'm thankful for antibiotics.
Movies.
Movie nights.
Family.
Family. Family. Family.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: