Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Aahhhhhhh, Thankful Thursday. The week is nearly over. Two thirds of my boys are napping. This is nice.

Today I am grateful for good doctors. When Jonz was born we didn't know who should be his pediatrician. We decided to go with the doctor who answered questions during our childbirth class at the hospital. I had no idea how lucky of a decision that was! Great guy, great nurses, great office. And then we moved about an hour north of where we were. I tried to get recommendations for a good pediatrician from people in the neighborhood and all the responses I got were only so-so, no one was wild about their doctor. I decided that we'd keep with Dr. C since Jonz was only getting check ups once a year. We could make the trek once a year. And since my kids only seem to get sick after hours, it worked out that we took him to Instacare when he was sick and the doctor we love for check ups.

Then twins arrived in our family and we just couldn't add such a long trip every couple months into the existing stress of doctor visits with three small children. I looked high and low for a good doctor. I found stellar reviews online for one doctor, went there twice and for the life of me still can't figure out why people gave such high reviews for him and his office because we had poor experiences there both times. Then I found some more great reviews online for another doctor that someone had suggested to my mom. Kept them in my pocket for the next time someone needed to go to the doctor and used them for a doozy of a day. Finally, one friend suggested her doctor (I don't know how I hadn't asked her before!) and we tried her. Still not quite up to Dr. C's par, but a good doctor with nice nurses. We stayed with her for a year.

And then we moved again. South. Closer to Dr. C again. Now that the boys are all to the point where we only need check ups once a year and they seem to only get sick after hours and the Instacare is only a mile away, I wanted to go back to Dr. C. Today we did.

Dr. C, how we've missed you! And your nurses! And you're exam rooms that are big enough for my three boys to move around a little bit! And your wonderfully nice office staff! And you're great, kid-friendly decorations and wonderful atmosphere!

I never realized how rare of a find he and his office are until I had to search elsewhere. How lucky we are to have such a good doctor for our boys and that we can go to him again. Yay for good doctors!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: