Thursday, January 30, 2014

Obligation

I feel obligated to write.

These things happen. It's happened before. It will happen again.

I just don't feel like writing.

And so I don't.

You can't force these things.

But I will tell you that I made a jar for 2014 (and probably years to come, if this catches on). 2013 was a stupid year. I even wrote this letter to 2013 and stuck it on facebook:

Dear 2013, 
I hate you. 
Good riddance. 
It's time to party. 
To celebrate you ending. 
I might even make a cheeseball. 
Because you're over.
*pthbbbthpbththb*
-Lindsey

People laughed, but I was dead serious (although I'll admit to a smidgen of humor driven behind writing that).

In hopes of keeping an optimistic spirit through 2014, I created a jar. It's a cute jar. I even put ribbon on it. Once we move, I'll probably try to make it cuter. But for now it's mostly just functional. I store slips of paper in the lid and a pen inside. Every day (or almost every day) I write down something God did for me that day and happy moments. I've written down things from my Trooper learning to walk to timely words from a church leader. It's great and I like it:)

So I guess I dedicate this Thankful Thursday to my jar...It needs a name. I'll get around to that.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great idea, Lindsey! I think sometimes we need something purposeful like that to remind us to be grateful for what we have. It's difficult some days, I know...but as they say, every cloud has a silver lining. Just need to keep your eyes and your heart open. Hope your 2014 is better than 2013 so far.