Thursday, December 19, 2013

What a Thursday

It's crazy snowing here today.

It takes ten-ish minutes to get to school. This morning it took me half an hour to get there and half an hour to get back home. I left early to go pick up my kindergartners, and when I got them I signed out my third grader, too. No way was I going to chance that drive a third time!

So we're all home and "cozy" for the storm.

The boys had a tremendous snowball fight in the backyard.

All three of them are eating the gingerbread houses they made at school. I think the sticky fingers might just drive me insane.

I've shoveled the driveway three times already today and the sidewalk once (thanks to the awesome neighbor who came through with their snowblower!). There's already another couple inches out there and I should think about going out again.

My baby is taking a nap. He's one year old now. I hardly know what to make of how quickly he's growing up.

I should be cleaning.

The weekends never get here fast enough.

Christmas is getting here way too quickly. But I'm looking forward to it...if I can just finish getting ready for it.

I currently have a love/hate relationship with my house.

And to the point- I am thankful for our Christmas tree. It's ten or eleven feet tall. It's not too wide at the base. It's gorgeous and beautiful and amazing and festive.

I love it.

What are you thankful for today?


No comments: