Sunday, September 8, 2013

There was a moment...

...when I watched my little baby feeding himself graham crackers.

He's growing up so fast.

They all grow up so fast.

When I had "three under three," I often heard comments to the tune of "enjoy these days. They grow up so fast."  To which I would think (through the mist of exhaustion and wondering when this interminable day would close...so another would start), "Yeah...riiiiight."

But they were right.  Looking back, those looooong days flew past in weeks, months, and years.

And I do miss them.

I enjoy this stage.  Very much so.  I love this stage.

But I still miss those days.

Especially since I've blocked out so much of the tough stuff;)

And now my Trooper acts like he'll be rushing up to join his brothers in their independence by tomorrow.

They grow up so fast.

Darn those gummed up graham crackers.

No comments: