Wednesday, June 26, 2013

That's it. It's time to get uppity.

It's hard to live here.

Hard to live in a world with people that I just don't understand.

I try. 

I am an open minded person.  I think and process and ponder before I come to any conclusions; especially about people.

But try as I might, there are just some people who mystify me.

People like this:


I saw this picture this morning.  It makes me sick to my stomach.  It scares me. 

To bring you up to date, Texas was trying to pass a bill last night.  A bill that "would have banned abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy and would have required all clinics to be graded as surgical centers, with all doctors required to have admitting privileges at hospitals."

Apparently, this would have closed most of the abortion clinics in the state.  (Why they would just close instead of bring themselves up to snuff is beyond me, but I don't want them here anyway so what do I care?)  And closed clinics would force women "to resort to dangerous and unsafe measures." (Why they would travel to Mexico or stick a coat hanger where they shouldn't instead of carrying the baby to term or hmmm, not having sex if they're not prepared to have a baby is beyond me, too, but obviously that's my close-minded bigotry and misogyny talking so pay no attention.)

A Texas senator staged a filibuster, trying to keep the vote from taking place.  They had to vote by midnight for this to go through.

She was fairly successful throughout the day.  Getting close to midnight, the other senators managed to stop the filibuster.  Much time was wasted in parliamentary procedure.  As they were taking the vote and creeping closer to midnight, people in the gallery started cheering and shouting.

These people:


The disruption cost precious minutes and prevented the vote.

Bill not voted on, whatever.  Millions of people will continue to be murdered every year regardless of what laws Texas passes.  (Would have been a nice step forward, though!)

What bothers me is that there is so little respect for life that we cheer and applaud the ability to freely commit homicide.

This is the world I must live in. 

It's a tough place to be.

As we say in my family, "huuuuhhhhhhhhhh."

And so I leave you with this:


"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

No comments: