Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursdays keep creeping up on me

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Today I am thankful for food storage.

For years I've said, "This is the year I finally get our food storage in order."

Guess how many years I've actually made any headway...

This year however, I'm actually doing it.  We're halfway through the year and there's still lots I don't know.  I still need to figure out exactly how much we need to feed our family and how long what we already have will last.  I need to get a wheat grinder and figure out how to make bread from our lovely stores of wheat.  And I need to figure out the ins and outs of water storage.

But we've got bigger stores than we've ever had.  We're definitely going somewhere.

I'm thankful that my husband works hard and provides the means to obtain this various food.

I'm thankful for the LDS church dry pack that gets me lots of long term stuff for cheeeeeap (and the fun of packing it myself).

I'm thankful for local grocery stores and their regular case-lot sales.

I'm thankful for space to store what we have.

And mostly, I'm thankful that we have no reason to use it right now!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: