Monday, September 12, 2011

There was a moment...

Tonight, as part of our Family Home Evening, Bret gave all the boys a father's blessing.

It's a beginning of the school year tradition.

I love it.

The boys don't quite understand it yet, but they're more reverent than usual when we do it.

I get to get in on the blessings, too. I may love that even more. I really need the reminders, counsel, and encouragement that come in them.

The moment came when I watched Al climb up into the chair for his turn getting a blessing. He climbed up and folded his arms and gave me a little smirk. As Bret (looking ever so dashing in his slacks, shirt, and red "power" tie) placed his hands on Al's head the picture just looked so right and I felt so wonderful.

I love my husband and that he remains worthy to hold the priesthood and bless our family.

I love my boys and that I can be home with them.

I love my family.

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love the moments:)

Have you had any moments you'd like to share?

No comments: