Friday, December 19, 2008

Wild weather

It's snowing. A lot. I love snow and I really love that it's looking to be a white Christmas. But I'd love snow a lot more if it came after my family was all home and safe. Until my husband gets home tonight, I'll be worrying. And until I hear that my brother's family arrived safely at my SIL's parent's house, I'll be worrying. At the very least, the ferocity of the storm seems to have passed and now we're enjoying the sight of softly falling snow.

This morning was a different story. The storm was blowing in this morning; that means wind. I hate wind. Hate it, hate it, hate it. There are a few reasons we don't live in Wyoming and the wind is number one for me. As it's trash day here, this morning I had to go outside and put the recycling can right side up at least ten times. Bits of trash litter the street and my yard. Adding injury to insult, the last time I placed the recycling a big gust of wind started blowing twigs off my tree and into my face. I covered my head with my arms as I turned back to the house and took a chunk of ice to the shoulder before I got back inside. Grrrrrr.

I tried to get all the necessary errands done before the snow came in. Silly me thinking I could get everything done in a reasonable amount of time:) I came out of the last stop to find slippery conditions and two inches of snow on my van. Oy. One long prayer later and we were all home safe.

Now we have only to get our main man safely home and we can enjoy the snow with some hot chocolate and a Christmas movie!

No comments: